Tuesday, June 10, 2008

3

Saturday, December 09, 2006




Saturday, December 02, 2006

Genius programming

I was putting up laundry today, which is my least favorite thing in the world to do, so I watch TV while I do it. I watched the end of Meteor Man (yes I know it's a winner). Anyhow, at the commercial break they played one of those ASPCA ads where they show and talk about abused and abandoned animals and then ask for your money. After that commercial they went back to the movie. I kid you not when I say the very next scene they showed was the bad guy throwing a dumpster onto and killing a dog.

Josh is making special cider tonight. MMMM.


Friday, December 01, 2006

Ribs and Snow

Thanksgiving was fun! We went to LA (the state, not the city) and had really good ribs for dinner. We had a leisurely visit and went to the zoo on Saturday to see Annabelle's little known relatives.

That's a monkey.

We had fun in the snow today like everyone else. It was mighty convenient that AB's grandma bought her a snow suit for next year but gave it to us last week. She was not so sure at first after having a hard time moving between being sunk in a snow hole and being bundled up. After she got control of her faculties she crawled around for a while and then began flicking snow off of her mitten until it came off and then started eating snow very pensively and slurping loudly.



I know I am biased and all but she is too stinkin cute.


Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm famous!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So I was doing a google search on an old friend today that I played in couple of bands with years ago. Here is what I found... http://www.ibluegrass.com/bg_bands2.cfm?b__i=119 Please read band description. Brannam Smith is the name of my friend and for some reason he describes himself formerly of the Loose Pegs!!! YEAH, That's my band!! We had a total of three gigs, BUT HEY, my band made it to the internet and I didn't put it there!!! This amused me greatly and validated my band.:)


Monday, November 06, 2006

Does Josh make a pretty woman?

I am here to tell you NO! It is time for the best cruise story that MOST sadly has no picture to accompany it. One night we went to one of the deck parties. This particular one was a Caribbean theme (imagine that). After the limbo the cruise director called for the ladies to come out to the dance floor and group up in fives. Josh was quick to push me out that direction thinking he was gonna get to sit back and laugh it up. After our groups had formed the director then instructed us to pick one lucky man for out group so of course I wanted Josh to have fun too, so he was our chosen. THEN it was announced that this was the Carmen Miranda Contest. I don't really know who that is so I looked it up. http://www.carmenmiranda.net/home.php See Website. Anyhow, we had ten minutes to makeup and dress up our men like her. So, I ran back to our cabin to get my makeup which I applied heavily on my husband's face with a very large grin on mine. One of the other ladies had a orange dress that fit him nicely and we used the matching jacket to make a headdress for him. Other garments were sacrificed to give him the appropriate feminine curves as well. Josh was given a card that named him Juanita Valdez and a quote that said he was good to the last drop which he had to tell everyone and dance around. This was all very funny at first and then was just weird and a little creepy. He did not win the contest which is ok. I am just fine with him not being the sexiest crossdresser. Some creepy 70 someyear old man with long flowing hair who was more than happy to strut around in a bra and heels won. At least my man was modest. No I don't have pictures. I could not find the camera in time and frankly that's something I never want to see again.



There were shopping opportunities at every port. It was interesting how the same stuff could cost a difference of 20 or more dollars depending on the shop. I got to barter for the first time in Cozumel. I got a limestone medallion to go in our still not quite finished bathroom and the vendor wanted 30 bucks for it. After I told him thanks anyways he asked how much I would pay if I payed right now in us dollars and I told him 15 bucks and waa laaa....

I now have something I still probably payed too much for but the experience was mildly thrilling.

These lovely people were our housekeepers. She was especially sweet and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job. She remembered our names and each night folded some of our bath linens into animals and one night used Josh's sunglasses as a prop.


The crew in general was very international. I did not see one person from the US as a matter of fact. It was fun to see and meet others. Even sitting in the houston airport Josh and I realized how non diverse our circle is. We got to tour the bridge one afternoon and met one of the drivers, Eduardo. He was a very patient young man with all the questions and would be captains telling him how to do his job and bragging about their sailboats.:) When one person asked about some maintenance he had seen taking place, Eduardo explained the daily maintenance takes place to MAINTAIN! To which one man replied by demanding to know what the boat had ran into. They are very nice to still give bridge tours...



One of the last nights, they put out a chocolate lover's buffet. MMM. You would have thought they were handing our gold or oxygen instead of CANDY, People. Our waiter earlier at dinner had warned us the line wold be very long so we showed up a little early and there were still about 150 people in front of us. The people in front of us are not the point of the story though; that would be the people BEHIND us. They became HIGHLY irritated when second line formed that would enable some people to go in before us. GASP. After they loudly complained to each other for a few minutes one of them proceeded to the other line to inform them that the end of the line was in fact over HERE. Of course it did her no good. She then tried to push her way in front of us and eventually was directed to a third line for which we were grateful. Sheesh. I like chocolate as much as the next woman, just not that one. That being said, the buffet was impressive both artistically and consumably (is that a word?)



That's about it for cruise news. It was great to have a four course dinner every night that required no work from me. It also gave me some new ideas to try out here at home.

Evan here is a look into your future...



The Cruise pt 1

We had to leave bright and early Saturday morning so we had to say our goodbyes to Annabelle Friday night. She of course did not know what was going on and probably just enjoyed staying up a little later than normal. I cried after I put her to bed for a while and then again on the way to the airport the next morning. I was pretty sad about all of this after I had looked forward to this vacation for months UNTIL we sat down to dinner on the boat ,the first night, next to a family who had two small children with them, who of course were behaving as two small children normally do. At that point Josh and I knew we would be ok.:) It is nice to eat a leisurely dinner and not sprinkle sentences with "Don't throw your food". :) Backing up a little, we were taken by bus from the Houston airport to the dock. Our driver who gave us his name several times specifically so we would not call him "hey bus driver" was a character( I, of course have forgotten his name now) He announced that our bags would be delivered "in our room, outside our room, somewhere around our room, sometime". Funny on the outside, a little nerve racking on the inside. Our bags did make it albeit one was down the hall from our room by 6ish.( we got on the boat around 1).


This here was our boat, the Norwegian Dream.



Soon after departure from the dock we are required to do a muster drill, which is to show us where to go if we need to bail. They cram you into rows by number on one deck (all 1700 passengers plus most of the crew) with your life jackets on to go over all the procedures. There was a little old lady who was either claustrophobic or not in the mood, who refused to stand in line where she was told and pushed her way to the front to stand where she felt like it despite her son (who is another story altogether) telling her to stay put. Josh chose this drill to start singing and bebopping to for some reason... hmmm.

The boat had two pools, hot tubs and a wetbar.



Yeah... that's it for now. I will add more later.


Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Cruiseday?

There have been two major happenings around here lately so I will have to write a few installments over the coming days, I guess. First and most importantly HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNABELLE! Yep, she's one year old today and strangely looks more like a little girl than a baby for it. :) We had our family party yesterday after church. Both sets of grandparents, both uncles and her aunt were here to share our joy! My brother is quite the shutterbug and likes to be artistic and took over 300 pictures! I would like to post about 200 of them but I won't and if you are curious you may head to bozarth.org for more. Here are some highlights... We had to squeeze in a very short nap on the way home from church hoping she would be in a party mood which took a little while so I let her have her paci until she perked up.

annabelle's birthday 043

Albertson's has a deal where if you buy your kid's first birthday cake there, they will give you a smaller ckae for free for them to make a mess of. This was convenient since we were getting back the day before the party.

annabelle's birthday 006 annabelle's birthday 005 This cake was still at least an eight incher which was bigger than I expected.

annabelle's birthday 131At first she was too distracted by the five cameras flashing her in the face to really get into the cake.

annabelle's birthday 171 But she got over that...

annabelle's birthday 173 and even offered to share some stray cheerios she found on her tray. How sweet.

annabelle's birthday 263 Of course the clothes had to go,

annabelle's birthday 309 which was cause for celebration and jazz hands.

She received plenty of cute clothes and some really loud Sesame Street toys that ya'll age appropriate persons need to come try out with us, and a cute little chair from Ikea.

I have been in this chair long enough especially on this day so cruise stories will start tommorrow. Oh yeah, Briana and Mandy, you should totally come get your pumpkins, they are longing to grace your porches... Epecially yours, Mandy.

annabelle's birthday 002



Friday, October 20, 2006

EE ee OO oo!

We went to the zoo yesterday! It was quite chilly the first half of the trip and then warmed up for the second half. Annabelle liked the people more than most of the animals, surprise surprise. While we were in the chimp house, my mom kept saying, "look at the monkeys" and AB just kept looking at her. Ha ha.




I like these cut out things alot.


We caught up with some friends.
I am holding on to this picture for when I need something to descibe my bad mood.:) What a grumpy looking sheep!

Well, I am off to sail, sleep and eat and will see ya'll in a week or so!


Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fun at Goodwill

Yesterday was an interesting experience at Goodwill. I was lookin around and a man in his late fifties or sixties came up and said I had a handsome boy. (nevermind she was wearing jeans with little strawberries all over them with a red velvet shirt with a flower on it and fur cuffed sleeves) After I told him she was actually a girl he knelt down to talk to her for a minute and then stood up and said "I'll bet I'm the first guy to mac on you" to my baby girl. I was so wishing I had some mace only because guns aren't allowed in Goodwill. Creepo. I chose that moment to move along and two minutes later ran into a guy I used to work with. He was about the same age as creepo and had always been nice to work with especially compared to the rest of the bunch and a good Christian man. As I asked him how life was , He shared that two years ago his wife had died of a massive stroke and in his depression had started using drugs. He said he did not have to go looking that they hit him hard in the face. He entered rehab in February and had a companion with him to whom he introduced me. I hardly knew how to respond in my shock. It was such a reminder of how frail we humans are and how much we need God no matter how much we think we have it together.

On a lighter note, I got AB an Winnie the pooh outfit that says Pooh on the butt.:)

3 days till the cruise.



Monday, October 16, 2006

Currently Watching
That Thing You Do!
By Tom Everett Scott, Charlize Theron, Liv Tyler, Obba Babatund�, Bill Cobbs, Chris Ellis, Ethan Embry, Chris Isaak, Holmes Osborne, Chaille Percival, Kevin Pollak, Giovanni Ribisi, Alex Rocco, Johnathon Schaech, Peter Scolari, Claudia Stedelin, Robert Torti, Rita Wilson, Steve Zahn
see related

Pumpkin Party!!

Saturday was Pumpkin party day! It involved some of my favorite chickys but was missing one of them. Lauren we missed you. We dressed up and went to pumpkin town to get some pumpkins but they were way too proud of their crop unless there was a hidden surprise inside that we were unaware of, so we went to walmart instead. We came home and carved our vegetable and apparently , Briana almost cut off my head. I am glad I did not see this. Then we had pizza and watched That thing you do.




No comments: