Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2

Friday, October 13, 2006

Currently Listening
Straight Outta Lynwood
By Weird Al Yankovic
see related

Is the Fair fair?

Sorry, I could not resist that bad joke. We joined Brenda and Nora at the fair last week and had lots o' fun.


She played in lego land,

She watched animals...(and they watched her)

Turns out, she fit right in!

And she rode her first ride. It cost three bucks which I am pretty sure I got more out of than her, as a mom watching one of her kid's firsts.


Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Currently Listening
Elysian Forest
By Mark O'Connor
see related

a proud mama

Last night we had fun at Kristena's baby shower. Annabelle was in her element crawling around to all the people getting as much attention as she could. She probably thought the party was for her. I was talking to someone when I tuned into a conversation across the room where someone was wiping her nose and describing to pretty much everyone how she picked a huge booger out of her nose and then then smeared it on her face. I was so proud.

I have thought often about how the thought of a highchair over carpet was a crisis waiting to happen but did nothing. Well today was the crisis. Unfortunately I can't even blame Annabelle. I bumped off a jar of apples and blueberries with my elbow, tried to catch it which only agitated the jar more and sprayed blueberries on me, Annabelle, the off white upholstered chair and tan carpet. Josh is bringing hoem some spot treatment and hopefully it will all come out. It's a good thing that Annabelle had just had her bath 30 minutes before...



Saturday, September 23, 2006

I started my clogging class last night! WOO, finally. I have been trying to take this class for the last three years and it has finally worked out. Thankfully, I am not the only adult in the beginner class. I stayed to watch the more advanced class for a little while after mine and it just made me more excited! They danced to Aretha's Respect and I saw some more animated moves than I have before with clogging. I can't wait to be competant!

Here is a picture of Annabelle and her Grandpa Bozarth

rick annabelle (Medium)



Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Over the weekend we went to the bluegrass and chili festival in Claremore. Friday night we decided to live la vida loca and take Annabelle with us and we got home at midnight. Diamond Rio was better than I expected. They are pretty good instrumentalists and they sang in tune too.:) The sound guy on the other hand was having some problems. Oh well. Annabelle slept through most of their concert since they did not start until 9:30. I don't know about having country music at the bluegrass festival though. It brought in a different crowd of people which I am sure was good for business but they are ummm... different. Anyhow, we all slept in a little Saturday and AB got a good long nap in before we returned. It was fun to spread out a blanket in the back and listen and watch Annabelle crawl around and play. Later in the day another family came and spread out their blanket next to us and Annabelle promptly crawled across to their area and climbed up their 3-year old girl. She didn't seem to mind. Her slightly older brother was a different story. He clearly did not like Annabelle moving into his territory and his mom kept telling him to be nice. AB did make it hard for him as she kept trying to get into his snacks and used his behind to prop herself up. She is not shy at all, but then most of you already know that.

new pictures 007 (Small) new pictures 009 (Small)

So, Friday morning after naptime I took the car in to Wal-mart for an oil change. I figured on about an hour and had an hour and a half before it was time to feed baby-longlegs. SO I pulled up to the check in spot and the guy who checked me in was in his late 50s or so. He asked me what I needed and when I told him an oil change he sighed VERY loudly, looked at the line in front of me and said that it might be a two hour wait and was I sure I wanted to do that. I said that would be fine to which he responded with a stern look an instructed me not to show up with a stopwatch at two hours demanding my car. NICE. Then he looked at my previous oil change sticker to see what kind if oil I had been using and when the sticker didn't say he called the dealership a bunch of idiots and how they do that on purpose because they are lazy. After I got out my manual so that he could look up what he wanted, he then showed me what the manual said and it's chart and gave me a five minute sermon on what they say you should use and what you really should use (based on his extensive expertise as a high level worker at 5 different refineries over the last 20 some years. He used to write these charts! Can anyone tell me why he is now working at walmart???). After all that he informed me that they would only vacuum if I picked everything up off the floor of the car, fine, but then started telling me about how other whine about that and then accuse them of stealing their change blah blah blah. I finally got in line after 15 minutes and got a cart to wheel Annabelle around in. After an hour and half I bought some baby food and spoons to feed AB and hoped she wouldn't miss her formula. We stood at the front of the store as I fed her and she flashed a big sweet potato covered smile at all who passed by. After that, I went to see about progress(w/o my stop watch.:) I didn't see the car in the garage or in line so I inquired nicely about it. It was not yet started. Ok. we will look around some more. It is Super walmart after all. After another 45 minutes I went back again and as I walked up the lady at the desk said she was getting ready to page me. I told her that I would have to come back in a few minutes since I had not yet gotten my three grocery items because they need to be cold. She gave me a dirty look and said nothing. I rushed to get my three items since I was so inconveniencing THEM and went back to pay for the oil change. After she rattled off all what they had done in such a manner that I could not comprehend she checked me out and unlocked the door for me to leave. Thankfully there was a nice old man to open it for me since I was carrying a 20 lb baby, diaper bag and sack of food and didn't have a hand to spare. She didn't bother to tell me where the car was so I had to walk in a big circle to find it. UGH. Next time I'm going to Jiffy lube. Through it all though the Lord was gracious through Annabelle's mood. The only time she cried at all was when I tried to use the bathroom and the other flushing toilets scared her. :) I am glad she likes activity!

random picture of Josh's daughter:

new pictures 003 (Small)



Friday, September 01, 2006

Currently Listening
New Tattoo
By John Cowan
see related

Amy got her eyebrow pierced...

So I got this new cd New Tattoo by John Cowan who is my absolute favorite vocalist. I debated for quite a while on whether or not I was going to get this one after I read on his website about the last song which was about his personal experience with child molestation. I am aware that this kind of thing goes on but I am not under the impression I should swim around in it. I have read the lyrics to that song which are on the graphic side both physically and emotionally and it made me want to throw up so I have not yet listened to it and probably won't. BUT, I would like to give you a sampling of the title track. He always has one goofy song on his cds and this one is it.

Amy got her eyebrow pierced. She did it like she did her ear. She just took out a needle and thread and poked a little hole in her head.. Its still kinda puffy and red. Oh I like the way it looks she said. Now with a little golden chain she can connect her eyebrow to her ear. So simple and so plain yet a statement that will last for years.

Now that I've enriched your life with deep thought I will move on. A couple of weekends ago we went to OKC to witness Josh's grandmother's induction int ot he Municipal Office Hall of Fame. It was a fun evening. We got to dress up all fancy like including Annabelle! They hired a Blues Brothers cover band which was pretty good.

The honoree and baby.

The next weekend was a work weekend. Josh worked on the fence with his rented gas powered post hole digger...

I edged the yard which I have no pictures of on purpose. It was very hot. What was Annabelle doing while we were hard at work you ask??

Its a hard life being a baby.

We also had great fun at the one year b-day party at Nora's house. Annabelle spent alot of time in the pool and had her first cupcake and some ice cream. yum yum yum.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Bluegrass and Chili fest is in Claremore next weekend. For country fans, Diamond Rio will performing LIVE for FREE Friday night.

Well, I need to clean up as my parents are visiting this weekend.:)



Currently Listening
Dawgnation
see related

Well, my weekend of doing nothing other than work was successful. I ate very unhealthily (a whole package of doublestuff oreos in three days) and sat around and watched movies and read. I was glad to have Josh and Annabelle return though, as I missed their company. The parade was fun for all and Annabelle made it into the local paper and helped Grandpa Bozarth campaign. O, and Josh came home with a new car that was a gift from his parents! Its a grand gray jetta!

Last Tuesday, We helped the Sheffs move to their new house. It was a bit warm outside and I got to see Grider flex and kiss his guns after moving what I hope was a heavy box. Ha ha. Moving stuff is actually fun with a big crowd of friends.

Over the weekend I spent the weekend at the Weber's lake house with the senior high youth. I don't think anyone got fried this time. We went with some of the youth from Heritage Pres church in Edmond. Nelson Orr gave his testimony Friday night which was an incredible story. I admire people who are willing to share intimate details of their life with others that they don't know well so that the rest of us might learn something. Saturday was a long fun water day. I drove many non licensed drivers around on the jet ski until I was unable to hold down the trigger anymore. Some of them drove me around as well which was a different kind of thrill. I also go the opportunity to ski a little which I had not done in 13 yrs. There was no cliff jumping this time around which was probably good thing. Malinda, Genesis, and Brooke taught me to play a card game called Cut. The winners got to push the losers in the lake. hee hee. I MIGHT have made us lose on purpose... It was a great weekend and I am more sore than I have been in a while but it was well worth it.



Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Currently Listening
California Traveler
By California Traveler
Walk in the Irish Rain
see related

I'm sleepy...

My brother Tony and his lady, Meghan, are officially engaged!!! I should have a picture of the ring shouldn't I? I'll take one tonight and put it in later.

Josh and I went bowling with the young people last night. That event didn't start until 9:30. I am not very good but it's still fun for me. Mandy and I bowled a strike at the exact same time! WOOO! Since we were sharing a lane with Sammy and Jon Noll, we got to bumper bowl. Heh heh. I never got a gutter ball. We got home at midnight and relieved the above couple of what I am sure was their hardest babysitting job ever.:) I gotta say that Annabelle was way to perky this morning after me staying up too late. I will make up for this later this weekend...

Annabelle is going to be in a rodeo parade with her grandpa on Saturday in Seiling, OK. She and Josh are heading out that way Friday night and will return Sunday. I am working Saturday and doing hopefully NOTHING else the remainder of the weekend. I am thinking ahead so there is no cooking at all. Whooooopie. I am gonna sit and sleep, and sit, and sleep and sleep.

OH yeah, I went to my jam session last Friday! It turned out to be really fun! It was a comfortable crowd and I got to reconnect with a couple that let my brother and I play some with their band at a restaurant when I was 13 yrs old. I hadn't seen them in over twelve years. The lady, Judy, used to sing a funny song about butterbeans but first she would have to "tune" her voice to her husband's guitar. It was funny. Anyhow, I need to go find caffeine.



Friday, July 28, 2006

Currently Listening
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
any oompa-loompa song
see related

The week in pictures.

I can now hold my own bottle. Convenient but sad for mom.

Hey Ya'll!

My first instrument: the trumpet??

I get to play with my friend everyday.

This is not working the way I had hoped.

Smoothie doesn't like that I take away his attention so he is moving outside. This is his new tag.



Monday, July 24, 2006

An emotional week

It was a long week. Last Sunday we received word that Tony (my brother)'s girlfriend (Meghan)'s dad died. My mom and her friend came from LA for the funeral. I must say that I don't think I have ever been to one quite that good. It was a wonderful service that glorified God in many ways as we heard about this man's life and the legacy that he left his family in his death. All four of his daughters gave part of the eulogy in which they all described what a Godly leader he was in their house and how he taught them all to read their Bible and that going to church was not really a decision so much as what you do automatically. I could go on... I feel like I know Meghan better now. My mom also had fun with AB.

Over the weekend, Josh was in the wedding of the two people that set us up! It is fun to see the differences in people through the choices in their ceremonies. The first third of the ceremony took place before the processional with scripture reading and some congregational singing. The bride, groom, and wedding party faced the audience which was great so you could see and hear better, not to mention that I got to gawk at Josh in his tux more! As Aaron (groom) started to say his vows to Teri (bride), she began to cry and Aaron reached up while talking to wipe away her first tear. It was so sweet. Their vows centered more on the the roles of the husband and wife from more of a Biblical perspective and traditional which was a great reminder. I do have to admit to some jealousy seeing Josh walking arm-in-arm, up the aisle, with some other chick. I know they have to but I still wanted to be unkind.:) The reception was fun too with dancing and eating. The photographer seemed to take alot of pictures of Josh holding Annabelle. Not that I can blame her, who can resist a pair like those two?

Hot stuff alert!!!

The new family unit.



Friday, July 14, 2006

Stupid tree

Here is what we woke up to today.

Now, we did not have a bad storm last night, just some rain. Josh thinks the weight of the water was just too much for the stupid tree. Why so much animosity for the stupid tree?

This is the same stinkin tree back in November which by the way we are just getting the gutter guy out today from this! There is one pitiful limb still standing which we will NOT be waiting for it's natural demise. We're getting a chainsaw tonight. Stupid stupid pear tree. At least our nice neighbors are going on vacation tonight so we have a few days to clean up their yard so they can use it again. They run a small daycare from their home and use their yard alot. OK I'm done with that rant for now. Ta Ta. grumble grumble, stoopid tree...

No comments: